For the past nine years I have been the Answer Maven, an independent information consultant. Today marks the end of that era. On Monday, I will begin a new career chapter. It is the right time for this change and I welcome the next chapter.
I can’t begin to explain all that I have learned in the past nine years or to say thank you to all the people who supported me throughout that era. As I look back, I am so thankful to have worked on amazing projects, meeting incredibly smart people who shared their knowledge with me and challenged me to expand my own.
A few accomplishments from the past nine years stand out.
- I wrote three industry studies on corporate libraries.
- I worked on two law library studies that defined a new era.
- I contributed to two studies on next-generation information strategies.
- I oversaw the processing of an entire library collection including creating a digitization plan.
- I used Social Media Marketing in the early days to promote my clients.
The list could go on. What I realize from listing these projects out is that each one prepared me for the next step.
While I am sad to shutter the active consulting work of Answer Maven, I am excited to embrace the next learning experience.
I will keep this blog active for the occasional posts that let me continue sharing my thoughts and insights about the information industry. Things are changing and always will, I want to be a part of it all.
July 14, 2017